Sunday, May 25, 2008

ICSE class X honours for Thane Girl - 2008

Janki Kriti Seth of Thane, Maharashtra,and Shruti Singh of Varanasi shared the top slot by securing 98.6 per cent marks in class X in 2008.



Janaki is a student of Smt Sulochana Devi Singhania High School, popularly known sa JK schook in Thane. Teachers and principal played a vital role in my success,” said Sheth.

“I never expected this. I thought, I might stand first in my school, but the thought of topping the country never crossed my mind,” is the view expressed by Janaki, daughter of Kirit Sheth, a Chartered Accountant.

“I only studied for 5-6 hours, but regularly and religiously. I had joined coaching classes for Maths and Science, but apart from it, I did most of my studies on my own with much help from the school,” she said. Janaki scored full marks in Social Sciences and Computers and has missed the three figure mark in every subject by 2-4 marks only.

Janaki had earlier proved her worth by winning gold medals at the Pradnya Ganit exams in Std. V and VIII and winning a silver medal at the Homi Bhabha examination in Std. VI and IX.


Janaki harbours the ambition of getting into the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). “I want to get through to the IIT after which I want to join IIM. But after that I want to pursue a career in the Civil Services.”

I met the principal of JK School in a conference at IIM Ahmedabad. She presented a paper on the development of textbooks by involving students and teachers. The efforts brought a national recognition.

Congratulations to Janaki and the School establishment.

No comments: