Friday, March 14, 2008

Certificates will not perform, only the knowledge that is retained will perform.

My reply to Chitranshu's posting in orkut community
http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=370&tid=2588774089359953364&na=4

Chitranshu
IIM C interview experience
Hi,

I have posted my IIM Calcutta interview experience on my blog, http://chitranshu.wordpress.com . I feel the experience can help others, and the feedback can help me. So please read it and give me some feedback.

-Chitranshu.
11:21 pm (9 hours ago)15.3.2008


Narayana Rao
Interesting

The interview descriptions in various forums is useful to provide pointers to aspirants. Also they make the interview process more rigourous. The interview panel members cannot afford to be casual.

My personal recommendation to the MBA institutes is to start having separate interviews for academic knowledge and personality assessment.

I find even the best of students very weak in replying to any question related to any subject in the degree they obtained. It is a very pathetic state. Because of this they find it difficult to absorb knowledge as postgraduate students.

There has to be some change in selection processes to direct the attention of students to retaining the core of the knowledge that they are obtaining in their formal education.

Certificates will not perform, only the knowledge that is retained will perform.

8.26 am 16.3.2008

No comments: